Thursday, August 15, 2013

Children's Author Blog Hop


I’ve been invited to join this Children’s Author Blog Hop by fellow author Cheryl Malandrinos. She answered a set of questions at her blog, The Children’s and Teens’ Book Connection. She has tagged me to participate, and in turn I’ll tag three authors who will be posting their answers at their blogs.

 

Here is the link to Cheryl's blog
http://childrensandteensbookconnection.wordpress.com/2013/08/12/childrens-authors-blog-hop/

 

Now to answer five questions. Here they are:

 What are you working on right now?
Currently, I am working on two stories. Both are YA novels. Mysterious Visions is in the revising stage and Scavenger Hunt In The Graveyard is under major revisions. This story is being sent chapter by chapter to my critique groups. Scavenger Hunt In The Graveyard is going in a different direction from the first draft, so I am rewriting most of the chapters.

 
How does it differ from other works in its genre?
I don’t think it differs much from other works in the same genre except that it is my writing, so the voices of my characters are different.

 
Why do you write what you do?

 Writing is something I've always wanted to do. The voices of my characters have always been young, from 3 - 18. So that is why I write what I do.

 This is what I imagine Sarah Kay from Ghostly Clues looks like.

 What is the hardest part about writing?

 Finding the time to write is the hardest part about writing right now. Recently I took custody of my three year old nephew, so he keeps me busy.  But he sure gives me a lot of picture book ideas.

 
What is something unique you want readers to learn about you?

 I wouldn’t say it is unique but I would like my readers to know how important reading is. I’ve always loved reading. But I have raised three sons and only one of them has captured the love of reading. (He reads non-fiction mostly where I read a lot of fiction) The other two sons read if they have to, but they have learned that it is important to learn to read even if you don’t always enjoy reading.

 
 Now for the authors who have joined me in this children's blog hop. Check out their blogs.

 K. C. Sprayberry http://outofcontrolcharacters.blogspot.com  
 Jill Johse http://myblockreader.com/  http://jjjohse.com/
Linda Singleton www.LindaJoySingleton.com     

2 comments:

  1. Great interview, Kay. Love the title for Scavenger Hunt. Good luck with your nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cheryl, for telling me about it. Good interview, Kay. I love ghost stories. WTG

    ReplyDelete