Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Review Of Sweet Contradiction By Peggy Martinez


Title: Sweet Contradiction

Author: Peggy Martinez

Genre: NA Romance

Dates: 6/29-7/13

Coming July 13, 2013


BLURB:

***FAIR WARNING: If you are easily offended by books that happen to mention things concerning God, Religion, Etc., in a favorable or unfavorable light, then this book might not be for you.***

 

When Beth Michaels high tailed it out of the hole-in-the-road town she grew up in, she only had two goals. One—get as far away as quickly as possible, and two—never set foot in her parent’s home again. But when she receives a heart breaking call from her childhood best friend, Jen, she has no choice but to turn her ’56 Ford pickup back in the direction of Salem, Missouri to attend a funeral.

There’s a new local in town when Beth arrives, and suddenly, it ain’t all that easy for her to remember her rules for dating. #1. Cookie-cutter-perfect guys ain’t her type. #2. Tie wearin’ and church frequentin’ is an automatic dismissal. #3. Most importantly, never date anyone from small minded, conservative, Bible-thumping towns like Salem. Unfortunately, Matthew Wright breaks all her rules and then some.

Matt might be from a small town and have small town values, but that doesn’t mean he fits into a little slot of Beth’s preconceived notions. After all, ever so often good guys are good. Now if he could just convince Beth to let go of her past and give him a chance, he’s pretty sure there’s a whole lotta sweet under that prickly exterior. His own … Sweet Contradiction.
I love this book. I give it a five star review. I love to read romance stories that can make me cry. This story brought tears to my eyes whenever Beth and Matt were together. Beth is such a great character. She has a sisterly friendship with Jen that started in childhood when Beth needed her the most. Beth meets Matt. These two characters have a connection. Their souls dance together. Thank you, Peggy, for a great read.
EXCERPT:
“Matthew Wright! You put me down this instant!” I shouted as he swung open the back door and marched me through the kitchen. Another pop on my behind and I was fuming.
“This woulda been a whole lot easier if you’d just admit how much you want my bod,” he announced cheerfully as we passed Jen, who was standing in slack-jawed shock with a hand towel thrown over her shoulder.
“Matt, stop acting like a caveman. Where are you taking me?” I screeched. We were now climbing the stairs to the second floor. My energy had begun to leak out from putting up a fight and all the gardening and manic scrubbing I’d done.
“Which one is her room?” Matt asked a now devilishly grinning Jen. I pushed my hair out of my eyes and watched as she pointed out my bedroom—the two timing hussy! Before launching me onto my bed, Matt slapped my behind a third time. I landed on my back, staring up at my ceiling, unable to even summon the strength to make a dignified bounce back.
“So, you going to get a shower and get dressed? Or am I going to have to help you with that too?” He asked, his grin telling me how incredibly appealing he found the idea. I crossed my arms over my chest and tried to look as pious as I could knowing I’d just been treated like a naughty child.
“I’ll get ready.” I grumbled. He smiled wickedly and his eyes heated into liquid pools of amber.
“I’m almost disappointed in that answer,” He murmured huskily. I could feel my cheeks flush from the desire burning from his gaze. “I’ll be back to pick you up in two hours.” I nodded my head and he turned to leave the room.
“This will never work. We’ll only end up hurting each other.” I whispered softly. Matt stopped with his back to me and his hand on the door handle.
“I’m willing to take that chance … you’re worth it.” He said without looking at me. I closed my eyes as he left the room. I sure hoped he was right.
 
This was a great scene. I could picture Matt doing this and Beth reacting the way she did. Funny.
 

AUTHOR BIO:

Hello! My name is Peggy & I am happily married to my best friend, Omar, who loves me despite my penchant for spending too much money on books. I am a writer, book lover, sponge bob addicted, movie quoting freak & proud of it!

I have five wonderful children. David is my 11 year old son who loves all things fantasy like his momma...and unfortunately also shares my love of sarcasm. I have four beautiful girls; Olivia, Madelynn, Julianna, & Analise. All with their own personalities and quirks which make me love them all the more! We have been homeschooling for 3 years now & LOVE it. I hope you enjoy my blogging attempts! :)

 

AUTHOR LINKS:








1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for featuring me on your blog, Kay! :)

    ReplyDelete